Tangy Roasted Cherries with Mint Yoghurt
Cherries are packed full of antioxidants, and when roasted in a little balsamic vinegar, their sweetness is intensified and utterly irresistible.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Wheat free, Gluten free, Vegetarian
Preheat oven to 220 C/ 425 F/ Gas Mark 7
· 2 tablespoons honey or agave syrup
· 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
· 300g fresh cherries (or 200g frozen, ready-pitted cherries)
If you don’t have a cherry pitter you can leave the cherry pips in, which only adds more flavour.
Photo and recipe taken from The Balance Diet Cookbook.
1. Place the honey or agave syrup and vinegar in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
2. Place the cherries in a non-stick ovenproof dish large enough to hold them in a single layer and pour the dressing over them.
3. Stir to combine evenly, then pat the cherries flat again.
4. Put the dish in the oven for 20 minutes.
5. Divide the cherries between 2 serving bowls, spoon over the cooking juices, and top with a spoonful of yoghurt and a sprinkling of chopped mint leaves.
· 125ml low fat natural yoghurt
· 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint