Spiced Apple Cider
This mouth-watering spiced apple cider is too good not to give a try.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 8 cups of unfiltered, unsweetened apple juice or cider
- 3 whole apples sliced
- 1 orange sliced
- 1 large piece of fresh ginger (3 inch piece)
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp of cloves
- 5 star anise
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (optional, juice is naturally very sweet)
Add a mint leaf for decoration.
Photo and recipe taken from The Balance Diet Cookbook.
- Mix all ingredients together, and warm.
- Serve in a tempered glass mug, a ceramic mug or porcelain.