Salmon Ceviche Salad
This no-cook method of preparing fish is a great dish for impressing someone! The trick is to buy the best quality and freshest fish that you can, so that it cuts smoothly and easily, allowing you to make it as thin as possible. I’ve used kingfish for this recipe, but you can use any firm, white fish – such as sea bass, or cod – or tuna instead.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Wheat Free, Gluten Free, Dairy free
- 200g kingfish fillets, skinned and boned (if you cannot get kingfish – use tuna)
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 red chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons coriander, finely chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled, stone removed, and
- chopped into small dice
- 2 plum tomatoes, de-seeded and diced
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
Instead of lime, you can use a mix of lime and lemon juices, or just pure lemon juice.
Photo and recipe taken from The Balance Diet Cookbook.
- Slice the kingfish into very thin – almost see-through – slices.
- In a small bowl, mix the lime juice, chilli and coriander.
- Place the fish in a wide glass or earthenware dish, keeping the layers as few as possible, and spoon over the lime juice mix, ensuring that every piece of fish is covered. Cover the dish with a towel and put to one side for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the avocado, the tomato and the spring onions in a salad bowl, add the olive oil, and toss.
- Divide the salad between the serving plates, and gently place equal amounts of the fish on top. Spoon the lime dressing over the salad. Season with black pepper and serve immediately.