This pudding looks stunning. Essentially a cross between a souffle and an omelette, the trick to a cloud-like texture, is to use only egg whites.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Wheat free, Gluten free, Dairy free, Vegetarian
Preheat grill to high
- 2 very ripe peaches
- 2 tablespoons crème fraîche
- Zest of ½ orange
- 3 large free-range egg whites
- 3 tablespoons agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon groundnut oil
Serve the ‘soufflette’ immediately from the pan, alongside the creamy peach mixtur
Photo and recipe taken from The Balance Diet Cookbook.
- First, skin the peaches: drop them into boiling water and cover for a few minutes, then use a slotted spoon to remove. When cool enough to handle, peel the skin away. Remove the stones and cut into small dice
- In a small bowl mix the peaches, crème fraîche and orange zest. Set to one side for the flavours to develop.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until they have formed soft peaks. Add the agave syrup and whisk again, until stiff.
- Place a 23cm non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. When hot, add the oil, then use kitchen paper to wipe away any excess oil.
- Pour in the egg and cook for 2 minutes until it starts to brown underneath.
- Transfer the pan to the grill, and cook until browned on top and puffed up – about 2 more minutes