Not only are these festive drinks delicious and perfect for a chilly evening, their ingredients can also offer immune boosting properties, so they can help to keep you healthy and happy in the cold winter months.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- 1 Bottle red wine (preferably less sweet wine)
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1 apple, sliced
- 4 whole cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 star anise
- sprinkle of ground nutmeg
The more it simmers the more the spices infuse, so you can leave it on the stove for a while!
Photo and recipe taken from The Balance Diet Cookbook.
- Mix everything but the wine together.
- Bring to a simmer for 5 mins covered.
- dd wine and warm for 30 mins at least.
- Serve in a mug, ceramic or porcelain.