Grilled Lamb Cutlets with Mint Raita
Little lamb cutlets grilled and served alongside a refreshing mint yoghurt are a favourite in the Irvine house- and they only take minutes to cook.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 6 minutes
Wheat Free, Gluten Free
Preheat grill to high
- 3 tablespoons low-fat natural yoghurt
- ¼ cucumber, peeled, deseeded and roughly chopped
- ½ garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 4 lamb cutlets, at room temperature
Lamb chops also work wonderfully with Mint Pesto, either as an accompanying sauce or as a marinade.
Photo and recipe taken from The Balance Diet Cookbook.
- First, make the raita. In a bowl, mix the yoghurt, cucumber, garlic and mint, stirring gently so as not to break up the cucumber. Leave to one side for a few minutes, to allow the flavours to develop.
- Meanwhile, cook the lamb. For presentation purposes, use your knife to scrape away any flesh on the exposed bones, then wipe the bones clean using a kitchen paper.
- Place the trimmed cutlets under the hot grill for 2-3 minutes on each side (for medium-rare). Remove from the grill and cover with foil for 5 minutes before serving.
Place the lamb chops on a serving plate with the raita on the side. Eat immediately.