Crepes with Cinnamon Bananas
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Wheat Free, Gluten Free, Vegetarian
Preheat oven to 110c/ 225f/ Gas mark ¼, and place one large ovenproof plate inside
- 150g of gluten-free brown bread flour
- 2 eggs
- 450ml of fresh whole milk
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1 vanilla pod, seeds removed
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil, for frying
- 100g strawberries, hulled and quartered
- Honey (optional)
If you want to get your children interested in cooking, there’s no easier way to start that the pancake batter- especially with this foolproof recipe.
Photo and recipe taken from The Balance Diet Cookbook.
- Sift the flour into a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl combine the eggs and milk, and pour slowly into the flour, whisking gently. When all of the egg mixture has been added, whisk more vigorously until you have a smooth pouring consistency. Transfer the mixture to a pouring jug.
- In a bowl mash the bananas. Split the vanilla pod in half and using a sharp knife, scrape the seeds out. Add the cinnamon and vanilla seeds to the bananas.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Pour a small amount of the batter into the centre of the pan and swirl the mixture to the sides of the pan in a thin layer.
- Leave the crepe to cook, untouched, for about 2 minutes, then check that it is light brown underneath. If so, turn it and cook for a further two minutes on the other side. Transfer to the warmed plate, cover with a tea towel, and pop the plate back in the oven while you make the other crepes.
- Repeat the process, transferring each crepe to the warm oven, until you have used up all the batter.
- Place a couple of tablespoons of the banana mixture in a line across the centre of each crepe, add a few strawberries and a drizzle of honey (if using) then fold or roll up.