Creamy Berry Popsicles
These frozen yoghurt popsicles are a fantastic alternative to ready-made ice-cream bars; they’re low in fat and high in calcium. While they take a couple of hours to set, the actual preparation is no more than a few minutes.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Freezing time: at least 2 hours
Wheat Free, Gluten Free, Vegetarian
You will need 4 ice-lolly moulds
- 150g raspberries or blackberries (or a combination)
- 3 tablespoons agave syrup
- 350ml low-fat natural yoghurt
For a slightly more sophisticated version, try a combination of blueberries and mint or strawberries and basil. Simply add a tablespoon of shredded fresh herbs to mashed fruit, mix through the yoghurt, and freeze.
Photo and recipe taken from The Balance Diet Cookbook.
- Set a small handful of berries to one side. In a food processor, blitz the remaining berries with the syrup, until you have a fairly smooth puree.
- Add the yoghurt to the mashed berries, stirring gently to create a swirly effect.
- Stir in the reserved berries, being careful to keep them whole.
- Spoon the mixture into the ice-lolly moulds, ensuring you divide the whole berries as equally as you can.
- Place in the freezer. Leave for at least 2 hours, or until frozen solid.