Cocoa, coconut & date balls
With every Balance Box our customers are given daily snacks and our most popular snack is the Bliss Bar. The sweetness of the dates and coconut blend with the bitterness of the cocoa to form an irresistible treat made with natural, healthy ingredients.
We’ve modified our recipe to make smaller bliss balls which are the perfect treat or gift. This recipe will make around 15 balls.
- 75g cashew nuts
- 100g dates
- 15g cocoa powder, plus extra for dusting
- 10g coconut oil, melted
- 75g desiccated coconut, plus extra for dusting
- Chop the cashew nuts in a food processor and put to one side.
- Soak the dates in boiling water for 10 minutes. Then, drain and blend in a food processor with the cocoa powder and coconut oil.
- Tip the date mixture into a bowl and stir in the cashew nuts and desiccated coconut, until combined.
- Using your hands, divide into 15 bite-sized balls and roll the balls firmly so that they hold together.
- If you like, roll one third of the balls in cocoa powder and one third of the balls in desiccated coconut.
- Devour straight away or store in an airtight container.
These would make a great gift for a friend or family member.
Photo and recipe taken from The Balance Diet Cookbook.