This sweet yet tangy tzatziki works just as well as a dip as it does nestled up to fish or meat. It’s completely moreish so you may find yourself just tucking into the bowl with a spoon!
- Serves 2
- Preparation Time: 25 minutes, including 10 minutes chilling time
- Wheat Free, Gluten Free, Vegetarian
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar (red or white)
- 100ml goat’s milk yoghurt
- 1/4 cucumber, de-seeded and finely diced
- 100g cooked beetroot, finely diced
- Small handful fresh mint, finely chopped
- Small handful fresh dill, finely chopped
I like to use goat’s milk yoghurt for its sharpness but you could easily use sheep’s milk yoghurt or Greek-style yoghurt instead.
Photo and recipe taken from The Balance Diet Cookbook.
- Mix the oil and the vinegar with the yoghurt.
- Add the cucumber and the beetroot, stir well, then mix in the herbs. Cover and put in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of finely chopped fresh dill