Asparagus & Avocado Salad with teriyaki, sesame dressing
This recipe from our recipe developer Agata turns salad from side event to star attraction. Packed with seasonal asparagus, radish and leek, accompanied by creamy avocado, protein-packed green lentils, it’s the perfect way to indulge in spring produce.
- 1 avocado
- Lime juice
- 300g asparagus
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 100g radishes, sliced
- 1 small leek, thinly sliced
- 400g can of green lentils, drained
- A handful of lettuce leaves such as lambs lettuce and rocket
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1tbs teriyaki sauce
- 2tbs sesame seeds oil
- Salt and pepper
Photo and recipe taken from The Balance Diet Cookbook.
- Heat the grill to the highest setting. Place the asparagus in a grill pan and brush with a little rapeseed oil. Grill for 3 – 4 minutes until starting to char and soften, turning them often so they brown on all sides.
- Heat the remaining oil in a saucepan and sauté the leeks over a low heat until soft. Add a splash of water if they start to stick.
- Meanwhile, whisk the dressing ingredients together and season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir the dressing through the lentils, reserving a little to drizzle over the top of the salad.
- Arrange the lettuce leaves on a plate. Add the sautéed leeks and drained lentils. Slice the avocado and arrange on top of the lentils with the radishes and asparagus. Drizzle with the remaining dressing and serve immediately.