This month the UK’s favourite diet-delivery company is extolling the virtues – and many benefits – of breakfast! This is one of our favourites – and perfect for the slight chill now in the air. It takes a small amount of preparation – in as much as you need to make it in advance of eating it – but once you’ve thrown the short list of ingredients together, you just leave it to prepare itself. Healthy, nutritious and delicious – it’s guaranteed to set you up for the day.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Soak Time: 1 hour – overnight
Wheat Free, Vegetarian
- 3 ripe bananas, peeled and chopped into 1cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons of sultanas
- 100ml whole milk
- 400ml low fat live natural yoghurt
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 150g jumbo porridge oats
- 3 sultanas per person
- Place the chopped banana and sultanas in a bowl and pour over the milk, yoghurt and lemon juice.
- Stir in the oats until well combined. Cover and chill in the fridge for 1 hour or overnight. You can even make it before you jump in the shower in the morning. By the time you’re dressed, it’ll be ready to eat!
- Mix in the sultanas, and give the muesli a good stir.
- Spoon the mix into bowls and sprinkle with sultanas.
You can substitute the bananas for any fruit you fancy… we recommend trying cinnamon roasted apple, pear or stewed rhubarb and gooseberries.
Photo and recipe taken from The Diet For Food Lovers