This isn’t so much a recipe as a series of tips! We’re pretty sure we don’t need to tell you how to make chocolate-covered fruit (but if we do, here goes: melt some chocolate by placing broken pieces in a small bowl which is resting over a pan of simmering water. Once melted, stir well then dip you chosen fruit pieces. Either eat immediately, or leave to cool/harden on a baking tray.)
So, our tips:
- Use chunks of fruit. A whole apple covered in chocolate doesn’t exactly shout “romance” (unless your lover also has a fondness for candy floss and popcorn.)
- Not citrus fruit. It just doesn’t work.
- In fact, if you’re unsure, you can’t go wrong with strawberries. (Leave the stalks intact for added fun.)
- Although dried fruits work well too. Think exotic (obviously!)
- Use decent chocolate. There’s a time and a place for fruit’n’nut-and this isn’t it.
- Alternatively, forget the fruit, melt the chocolate, and get messy…