Little lamb cutlets grilled and served alongside a refreshing mint yoghurt are a favourite with us-and they take minutes to cook!
Preparation time-10 minutes
Cooking time-6 minutes
Preheat grill to high.
- 3 tablespoons low-fat natural yoghurt
- 1/4 cucumber, peeled, de seeded and roughly chopped
- 1/2 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 4 lamb cutlets, at room temperature
- First, make the raita. In a bowl, mix the yoghurt, cucumber, garlic and mint, stirring gently so as not to break up the cucumber. Leave to one side for a few minutes, to allow the flavours to develop.
- Meanwhile, cook the lamb. For presentation purposes, use your knife to scrape away any flesh on the exposed bones, then wipe the bones clean using a kitchen paper.
- Place the trimmed cutlets under the hot grill for 2-3 minutes on each side (for medium-rare). Remove from the grill and cover with foil for 5 minutes before serving.
- Place the lamb chops on a serving plate with the raita on the side. Eat immediately.
TIP-Lamb hops also work wonderfully with Mint pesto, either as an accompanying sauce or as a marinade.
This recipe was taken from Jennifer Irvine’s ‘The Balance Diet’. Available to buy on Amazon here.