Here are our top natural spring-cleaning tips:
- Mix white vinegar with an equal measure of water and use to polish windows and glass tops, spray on shower curtains and screens to remove mildew, and apply to stubborn sticker or glue residue to make them vanish.
- Shake baking soda onto the bottom of a cold oven (so that you have about ½ cm of powder), spray some water over it to dampen it, close the oven door, and leave it for a couple of hours. Then simply wipe away the powder and Voila! A naturally sparkling oven!
- Vinegar and baking soda make a fearsome grime-busting combination; to clear blocked drains, neutralise stinky plug-holes, and even to clean the toilet bowl – simply pour a cup of baking soda into the offending item, then add the same amount of vinegar. For drains and plug-holes rinse through with hot water immediately. Simply leave the toilet bowl for an hour before flushing.
- Add 10-20 drops of your favourite essential oils to a jarful of baking soda, close and shake well, and – ta-da! Easy-peasy carpet freshener. Simply shake over your carpet, leave for 15 minutes, and vacuum. We love lavender, tee-tree, and peppermint oils.
- And for the easiest air-freshener of all – simply open a window for an hour or so! (Alternatively, add a teaspoon of lavender oil and a teaspoon of sweet orange oil to 100ml of distilled water, place in a spray bottle, shake and spray!)
Now you’ve no excuse – get busy, get cleaning and get healthy!